- Exfoliators | Best Exfoliators For You
Exfoliators | Best Exfoliators For You
Author: Mary Gillespie
Once you try us you'll want to stay with us - discover why our customers keep coming back for more. We stand behind our products 100%. Place your order today!
Manual or mechanical, Chemical and Enzyme are the three exfoliating categories.
After the age of 28 your body is mature and fully grown, the following years start the aging process. Our exfoliating scrubs and peels stimulate your skin back to its youthful self … you know, the old adage "men look younger because they shave" since it's a daily exfoliation. Women can get the glow, and say good-bye to dull lifeless skin too!
- Reveal fresh, healthy new skin. Your skin's turn-over or replacement cells slow down with age, by kicking off old cells your body replaces them at a faster rate … just like when you were younger ... yes, now you can look younger!
- Polish your skin for a gorgeous luster, people ask “Did you just have a facial?”.
- Remove old surface cells blocking the absorption of your other skin care products.
- Use at least 1-2 times weekly on your face and body.
Manual | mechanical scrub
A topical exfoliating product applied to your skin which is manually moved across the surface with your fingers or applicator forcing dead cells off the surface. Our body puff is an example, even a washcloth is a manual exfoliator for all skin types.
- Ingredients such as, crushed irregular shaped oyster shells, seeds, apricot pits, or any inexpensive or exotic "natural" or "unnatural" material suiting a product line. In extreme over use with abrasive scrubs the jagged granules can cause microscopic lacerations on the surface, sometimes leading to a tough feel as your body forms microscopic calluses against the constant abrasion.
- Some products use paraffin or wax mixed with water and oil, and are moved across the surface with your fingers. The water evaporates allowing dead cells to adhere to the wax forming small balls of debris, and then brushed off your skin.
Not recommended for severe acne, fragile skin, broken capillaries called telangiectasis (tel-an-gi-ec-ta-sis), or any skin type and condition that can't tolerate pressure or friction.
A topical bioengineered ingredient with the ability to dissolve or loosen the glue like substance holding dead cells together for exfoliation. The majority of these ingredients are Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHA) from lactic acid -sour milk, malic acid-apples, glycolic acid-sugar cane and tartaric acid-grapes, or Beta Hydroxy Acids (BHA) from salicylic acid in wintergreen and sweet birch. The major benefit of lower strengths is exfoliation, and higher strengths produce added anti-aging, acne control, and other skin condition benefits. These are not manipulated or moved across your skin to perform unless combined with a mechanical or manual scrub ingredient.
Recommended for acne, pimples, fragile skin, broken capillaries called telangiectasis (tel-an-gi-ec-ta-sis), or any skin type and condition that can't tolerate pressure or friction. Ultra sensitive skin can have an irritation problem if left on the skin too long.
Topical proteolytic enzymes are molecules catalyzing the chemical reaction to dissolve dead surface skin. These are not manipulated or moved across your skin to perform and in some cases may be used daily, low strengths often function poorly and too high will cause irritation.
Recommended for acne, pimples, fragile skin, broken capillaries called telangiectasis (tel-an-gi-ec-ta-sis), or any skin type and condition that can't tolerate pressure or friction, unless combined with a mechanical or manual scrub.
- Papain, papaya enzyme
- Bromelin, pineapple enzyme