- Glycolic Acid | How to Use | How Long For Results?
Glycolic Acid | How to Use | How Long For Results?
Author: Mary Gillespie
Shop our Glycolic Acid product category to receive these benefits.
Once you try us you'll want to stay with us - discover why our customers keep coming back for more. We stand behind our products 100%. Place your order today!
What is glycolic...
- Glycolic (glahy-kol-ik) acid, is a non-toxic single chain molecule in the alpha hydroxy (hī-drŏk'sē) acid (AHA) category occurring naturally in nature from sugar cane. The smallest molecular size of the alpha hydroxy acids and able to penetrate deeper into your skin for faster and dramatic results. Other alpha hydroxy acids (AHA’s) occur in fruits and dairy products such as, lactic acid from sour milk, tartaric acid from grapes and malic acid from apples, providing cutting edge skin care for pharmaceutical, cosmeceutical and cosmetic industries.
- Patented by Ruey Yu, Ph.D., chemist, and Eugene Van Scott, M.D. for 35 uses, most popular are dry skin, acne, hyperpigmentation (brown spots or uneven darker skin tone), wrinkles, aging and small scar reduction. Their medical studies show an 8-12% glycolic acid leave-on product twice daily for 6-8 months will change your skin and maintain the change with continuing improvements. Nicholas Perricone, M.D. has the patent for hair curling back into the skin called ingrown hairs, common in men’s beards known as pseudofolliculitis barbae (SOO-doh-fuh-LIK-yoo-LY-tis BAR-bee) and women’s bikini lines.
- Your doctor may have recommended a 12% lactic acid such as, Lac-Hydrin for your dry skin. Glycolic acid, the smallest molecular size of the AHA’s, penetrates into your skin targeting problems at the source with fast, dramatic results, while lactic acid under a microscope looks like a boulder rolling across the surface.
How long before I see improvements…
- First weeks, your skin’s texture improves returning your skin’s luster, now you have “just had a facial” salon skin!
- One month, clogged pores, blackheads and pimples start disappearing…clear skin is here!
- One to two months, dark uneven skin tone leaves.
- One to six months, new collagen and elastin removes wrinkles, skin is firm, and you’re looking younger! Small scar reduction, some acne scars are barely noticeable.
- Everyone improves at a different rate, some see immediate results, others take a little longer, have patience with yourself. Your skin will keep improving the longer you use our products.
How do I use my Skin911 glycolic for great results…
- Week one, use your Skin911 glycolic cleanser twice daily with your Skin911 glycolic liquid, gel or cream once daily.
- Week two, use your Skin911 glycolic cleanser and Skin911 glycolic liquid, gel or cream twice daily.
- Your order arrives with a personalized weekly schedule guiding you to twice daily applications after the first week.
Preventing unrealistic expectations…we’re just honest…
- It will lessen but not completely remove very deep wrinkles, redundant skin, or deep scaring such as, deep acne pitting. There is a point or no return without the help of plastic surgery but it will prolong the life of these procedures.
- Women: monthly hormonal break-outs can occur up to a year but improve each month until minimal, if not gone!
- If brown areas aren’t improving after six to eight weeks add our Glycolic Skin Lightening Gel A-Cute Derm, or consult your doctor.
- It‘s refreshing to find our products improving your skin and generate "Gee, you look great!" compliments.